Naked (1993)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Naked (1993)

I really wasn't sure what to expect from Naked. Here it is, over a week later (due to my procrastination) and it's still sitting inside of my brain. I didn't take any notes on it, for whatever reason, but it really is a fantastic film, that seems to get better the more I think about it. At this rate, the DVD will be at the top of my must-have list by the end of the year.

I think the main character, Johnny, played brilliantly by David Thewlis is what sticks with me the most. He's got such depth to him, and he's so charismatic, but at the same time, completely repulsive. He's very smart, can express himself well, but he never does anything with these abilities, instead choosing to float along in life. He's one of the great, complex, conflicted characters in cinema. Thewlis' delivery is wonderfully unique, and I can still hear snatches of his many speeches rattling around in my head.

Leigh's film paints a brilliant portrait of this man, with expert strokes throughout. I really don't know what else to say about it. For the most part, I'm left speechless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger