State of the Blog Address


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




My fellow Interneticans...My thoughts on some recent rumblings in regards to this blog.
  • I haven't been writing much lately. It's mostly due to laziness, but I have been hit by the flu, which really affected my desire to sit on the PC and type. But, as you'd imagine, my desire to lie back and enjoy the film was unaffected. I'm just about all caught up with every film I've seen now, so hopefully, things are back to normal.
  • The image at your left is a little logo-type thing I whipped up in a few minutes. It's mostly for my own use, printing up small cards to hand out to people I chat with about film, but feel free to do what you wish with it.

  • I'm going to be introducing a new page soon, something along the lines of a junk drawer. Basically, just an archive of things I write that aren't about specific films that would go in the archive. No big whoop.

  • This site can now be reached through typing up modium.org or www.modium.org. Two bucks a year, thanks Yahoo!

  • In case you haven't noticed, I've been adding screens of films to go along with my writings. Just another little thing I'm trying out, and I think it works pretty well. I try to choose an image that spoke most to me during the film, without being too heavy on the spoilers. Hope you enjoy.

  • I've been hitting the theater a whole lot more lately, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. So, you can look forward to my thoughts on some far more current films. Yeehaw.

  • I know I'm a little late, but I'd like to observe the death of legendary director and editor Robert Wise. I haven't seen many of his films, but those I have seen (The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Set-Up, The Haunting) have been nothing short of great. Not to mention his brilliant editing work on Citizen Kane and other great films. Rest in Peace, Robert Wise.

  • Some ideas I'm cooking up for the future: Some film festivals, basically just a week or more of particular directors' works, notably Kurosawa, Kubrick and Tarkovsky. Also, I'm considering doing a week or maybe a few days of nothing but reader requests. Yes, you tell me what to watch and I'll watch it and babble about it just for you. Just an idea, but feel free to let me know your thoughts on them, or anything else I've babbled about here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger