Pinocchio (1940)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Pinocchio (1940)

Now, I've already covered my Disney history in my Toy Story post. Truthfully, it's hard for me to find much to say about Pinocchio. Well, I could go on for hours talking about each little gag that I loved, but I doubt anyone would want to read that. The truth is that Pinocchio, like the best of Uncle Walt's work, put a smile on this cynical old coot's face for a solid 88 minutes.

What I love most about Disney films is the amount of detail in every scene, in every frame. They're all so lovingly animated, so full of life. It's impossible to describe the way the characters move in a Disney film, but it's always instantly recognizable to the eye. The films, and Pinocchio being one of the best and certainly one of the best examples of this, are always incredibly full of life. There's so many little gags going on, like Figaro swiping at just about everything, Cleo's shy flirtations, Jiminy Cricket's affable nature. I can't help but love every single moment of Pinocchio. I can't help but feel that anyone who thinks otherwise must be made of wood. (Bad pun, I know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger