The Thief of Bagdad (1940)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Thief of Bagdad (1940)

I don't really know why, but Thief of Bagdad didn't do much for me. It reminds me a lot of Selznik's epics from the early Hollywood days. Movies with a lot of spectacle but ultimately hollow. Not that the Thief of Bagdad is a bad movie, it's pretty good as far as entertainment value, especially for young kids, but it just didn't have much effect on me. There wasn't much excitement or personality to the film, and the acting was so terrible that it distracted me from the film quite a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger