Un Chien Andalou (1929)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Un Chien Andalou (1929)

So, I finally saw Un Chien Andalou. I'd have to say that it made no sense whatsoever. I'd also have to say that I loved it. Obviously, that sounds like a stupid statement, but I don't think Bunuel meant for it to have any kind of significance. It's just like a dream, a stream of surreal images flowing alone with no regard for comprehension. It's funny, you can almost get a sense of the enthusiasm that Bunuel and Dali had when making the film. Two young guys, at the height of their creativity, drunk on power, simply creating.

I'm not going to pretend to understand it, because I didn't, and I think it defies comprehension. Simply a great, surreal work of art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger