Camera Buff (1979)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Camera Buff (1979)

I've really liked all the Kieslowski I've seen. Blue is a beautiful masterpiece, White and Red are both great, the Decalogue is great and a Short Film About Love is very good, but admittedly worked better as a 1-hour part of the Decalogue. I don't know why, but I didn't like Camera Buff much. I really had high hopes for it, very high hopes, but it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

The storyline is pretty intriguing and ends up working pretty well. The biggest problem I had, I guess, is that I couldn't understand the way Filip's wife was acting. I don't understand why she was getting so upset over the fact that he found a hobby. He didn't seem obsessed with it, and it wasn't destructive or harmful in any way. Also, he seemed to be okay with the fact that she was trying to sabotage his aspirations, like she was justified.

It's kind of silly to blame my dislike of the film on one little aspect of the story, but it's really all I can remember not liking. It's a good film, but only slightly better than average to me. Cinema sure is funny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger