I am Curious-Yellow (1967)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am Curious-Yellow(1967)

This is one of the worst, godawful, piece of crap "movies" I've ever seen. It joins the ranks of I Spit on Your Grave and Resident Evil: Apocalypse as being more than just bad movies. See, these three films, and maybe more than I've blocked out, go far beyond annoyingly bad. These are films that depress me, that suck the life and happiness from me, that ruin my entire day.

Naturally, I don't seek films like this out. I actually thought I'd enjoy I am Curious-Yellow. Vilgot Sjoman studied under Bergman, so he was more than cool in my book. I wasn't expecting Wild Strawberries, or even The Silence. But, Sjoman's film is just a mess. It is completely empty, devoid of any kind of emotion or creativity. Yes, the film-within-a-film gimmick is neat, but in this film it serves no purpose other than needlessly confusing the viewer in an attempt to seem smart and/or artistic. This goes for every other element of the film.

I'm confused as to how the viewer is supposed to feel about Lena, the main character. Are we supposed to feel bad for her and all she's meant to go through. Or, are we supposed to see her arrogance and stubbornness and feel glad that she's gotten her commupence? I'm confused, because I felt absolutely nothing for her, only extreme annoyance.

Either this film is an incredibly profound work of art that simply sails over the heads of mere mortals like me, or a pointless hodgepodge of half-developed ideas, perversion and utter pretention. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm really dreading I am Curious-Blue.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vigot Sjoman has passed away, April 9, 2006

http://www.geocities.com/lord02141/scottlord.html

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger