Moulin Rouge (2001)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Moulin Rouge (2001)

I don't think Moulin Rouge is a bad film. There's plenty of good things about it, and I admire what the filmmakers attempted to do with it. There are leigons of rabid fans whom have fallen in love with it. That said, unfortunately, Moulin Rouge didn't do much for me.

Essentially, the plot is stretched incredibly thin. It's one of the most trite, cliche-ridden stories I've ever seen, and it just served to bore me. Though, I understand that it's just a loose framework on which to hang elaborate song-and-dance numbers on. It's a case of style over substance. Though, in Moulin Rouge, there's next to no substance, and the style came off as being ultimately pointless.

Really, I'm torn between an understanding and admiration of what's trying to be done with Moulin Rouge, and the fact that it just didn't do much for me. I guess there are enough people out there who are in love with it, that one guy who merely liked it should be just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger