His Girl Friday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



His Girl Friday

Now, I love Hawks, and I certainly love Cary Grant, but after seeing His Girl Friday, I think it's far overrated. A very good film, but very overrated. The technical details of the film are hard to fault, photography, music, acting and direction are all spot-on. My problems with the film mostly stem from the story.

I just didn't really feel much emotion from the story. It felt pretty manipulative in many parts, and I just didn't believe it most of the time. I just really can't see somebody making a huge change in their life, realizing that somebody was completely wrong for them, and then throwing all that out the window because they bonded on a story. I can see, to a point, where she might re-consider her course of action, but I really can't see the ending turning out the way it did in real life. That detracted a lot from the picture. Also, the plot got far too convoluted for its own good towards the end of the movie, though in no part due to the quick dialogue, which served the film great.

Most of it was enjoyable, and it's a very entertaining picture, to say the least. However, these lapses in story and character just seemed to unrealistic to me, personally. It might be wrong of me to think such a thing, but I do, and for me, it dragged down the film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


modium

Previous posts

Archives

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger